You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||8 years ago|
|.gitignore||8 years ago|
|LICENSE.md||8 years ago|
|README.md||8 years ago|
|kpx-takeout.php||8 years ago|
A PHP command line utility for converting from the KeePassX XML format to other password manager formats.
- PHP 5.5.14+ (untested on previous versions, but will probably work on 5.0.1+)
- Unix-like filesystem
- Export your KeePassX database to XML format
php kpx-takeout.php -- output_format (flags) /path/to/xmlfile.xml (/path/to/output.ext)in your shell of choice
- Paths can be either absolute or relative
- The output path can be either a file or a directory, in which case the output file will be named
- If no output path is specified, the current directory will be used; this is the directory from which the script is run, which may not be the directory where
kpx-takeout.phpor your input file is located
- Flag options:
-owill overwrite an existing file at the output location, if it exists. If a directory is specified as the output location and this flag is not set, the script will create a new file with a datestamp appended.
-vwill verbosely output information to the console. When this flag is unset, the program will only output errors.
- Import the output file into your password manager of choice
- Delete both the unencrypted export and import files after you're done with them!!!
Supported Output Formats & Notes
- LastPass CSV (
- LastPass does not support nested folders. As of right now, neither does this script.
- PasswordSafe TXT (
- PasswordSafe does not support group names with periods in them, so the script will automatically replace any periods with hyphens.
This software is licensed under the GPL v2.0 License.